Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Headed for Guate!

Ughh, its a Wednesday and the US is playing Guatemala tonight at the famed Estadio Mateo Flores in Guatemala City. Right now, its 9:00 am and I am on a short layover at the ATL airport waiting to connect to Guatemala City.

This day never really began for me as I opted to not sleep in order to ensure that I made my Sixx:AM (shoutout to Nikki) vuelo esta manana. I am not gonna lie: I am F'NG BEAT!

However, earlier this week I had the good fortune to see Devon Harris, a member of Jamaica's acclaimed 1988 bobsled team, speak about overcoming the difficulties he and his teammates encountered in making their Olympic dream a reality.

So, in his Olympic spirit, I vow to keep on pushing and to make today legendary.

I ran into Rob from Detroit and one of his buddies a few minutes ago. They are conveniently on the same flight. The plan is to meet up with Winney, Beth and Brian at the hotel and then to rally with a bunch of other US fans.

As is typical, I still need to pick up the match tickets.

Anyway,

Feel the rhythm, feel the rhyme, get on up, it's bobsled time! Cool Runnings!

(Or something)
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

2 comments:

BlockOMike said...

We'll be lookin' for you on the broadcast tonight. C'mon you mighty Yanks!

Roger T Fortier said...

Dude, have a blast! I am bloody pissed right now. I can't get American Fooligan added to My!Yahoo where I can keep track. Pissing me off to no end.